Appflix on Macbook
Macbook is no-doubt one of the most popular computing device on planet. This is a heck of a powerful machine that you can get. Apart from being a powerful computer for work, it is a great media machine also. Speaking of media and entertainment Netflix is one of the best place you can go. Netflix has all the latest and greatest movies and Tv shows. The sad thing about Netflix is that you have to pay for it, but that’s not a problem anymore. Appflix is there for your rescue and offer you everything that Netflix has for free. Now how can you use Appflix on Macbook? We will tell you step by step in this article. Stay with and keep reading.
Using Appflix on Macbook
This one is bit tricky, but not that difficult, as you can not download Appflix directly on the Macbook. We will use the feature called Wifi direct share on Android to use Appflix on the Macbook. You just need to have an Android phone and Appflix installed on it. Once you get hold of that, you just need to follow the steps stated below to watch Appflix on your Macbook.
- Download the Appflix app on your android device.
- Find movies or Tv shows that you want to watch.
- You will find a Wifi like icon in the top-right corner of Appflix.
- Tap on it and you will see a list of supported devices on which you can play the video directly.
- Select Macbook there and you will be able to play the video on your Macbook directly from there.
- Hit on play. When you start to play any video you will get a pop-up in Appflix, you need to select Play in External Player and select any video player.
- There you will find an option of casting. Tap on cast button on the screen. For me its in the bottom right corner.
- You will see list of devices in your network that can share screen.
- Select your computer and enjoy.
If your default player doesn’t have that cast feature, you can get that feature by following the instructions below.
- Download LocalCast and Mx player on your Android smartphone. We have provided the download link for them below.
- Install both apps.
- Choose Mx player when you tap on Play in external player.
- When the video starts playing in Mx player, tap on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select Tools from the menu. There you will find Share option.
- From the list of apps, find localcast and then you will find Macbook there.
- Select Macbook and your video will be casted there.
- Just watch and enjoy!
Note: You need to be on the same network, your Macbook and Android phone need to be on the same wifi network.